Thursday, January 2, 2014

My favorite subject - Portraits

Ladies with Fans
























1. Flamenco Lady:

I combined 3 photos for the design, one is a Blond lady, one is an Asian lady holding a fan, and a Victorian Lace Fan from an antique catalog.  
Enrich the Victorian lace, I put the fine glass enemal on top of the pen work and gave some blink onto it after firing with Swarovski crystals. 





2. Flamenco Dancer:

Bright red is always a difficult colour in china painting. It can't stand the high temperature. Some painter avoid to use bright red, but I love the challenge. 



























3. Nude and Fan:

The most charming for a nude is having some light covering. I added a silk scarf on her to react the background colour. 

There is an interesting technique for the white lace fan and the running lustres background. I am quite happy with the result. If you want to know, join us in The 15th Australasian Porcelain Art Teachers Convention and Exhibition 2015, Adelaide SA.

No comments:

Post a Comment